Monday, July 10, 2006

 

and so it goes




First a happy thought: tonight saw the most amazing moon rise over Manhattan Beach. The moon was full and bright orange, the water: clear, and the reflection over the ocean: amazing. Stood on the Manhattan Beach Pier for almost an hour watching it; really wish I had my camera. The pic above is from a few days ago; now only one week left in sunny Southern California!

Truth be told, this last week has been three months in the making, but given that I don't leave well, I still can barely believe it. To add insult to injury, at work we're in the middle of our final proposal revision, which is for all the glory. After this NASA will make a decision on which team will design and build the CEV. It's taken 2 years to get to this point, and everyOklone's pretty excited. And this is the moment that I chose to walk away?! Ridiculous... It's going to be weird to watch the announcement from Boston, although I haven't entirely ruled out coming back to celebrate if the Northrop Grumman-Boeing team wins... :)

At home, my furniture is slowing disappearing. If there's one really cool thing about this move, it's that everything seems to be working out... My friend Steve, whom I've known since 6th grade, just moved back to LA and is buying the majority of my stuff. He actually bought my beloved camaro this morning, which was sort of sad, though I'm really happy that the car is staying within the friend family.

*********************three hours later********************************************
oooo, so I just got off the phone with my roommate. Now all of a sudden I'm again looking forward to school. My new roommate and I are going to get along well; I can totally tell! We were talking about all the people that we're going to meet, and now I feel somewhat better. It's true that in the next 3 weeks my life is going to change dramatically, but it could be ffor the beeer!

On that note, good night!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?