Monday, June 26, 2006

 

T-3 weeks and counting

I realize that I have been extraordinarily delinquent in posting this month, but things here are CRAZY! In short, I have 13 days left of work, 3.5 weeks left in sunny So. Cal, and 2 months before school starts. I know I've moved across the country before, so this shouldn't be a total shock, but as I was packing up my apartment yesterday, I realized that I'm not 100% sure I'm ready for this. See last time, school had ended, everyone was moving up, moving on, and moving out, so relocating cross country seemed natural. This time, in contrast, I'm leaving everyone and everything behind, arguably for a fantastic experience, but, it's still kinda scary. Suffice to say that these are interesting times...

Before I get into what's going on, I thought I would tell you about a really interesting organization... For those of you interested in current events and foreign policy, most major cities have World Affairs Councils, which host speakers / discussion panels on current affairs. Check out www.lawac.org for the Los Angeles WAC. The LAWAC actually has a young associates group, which hosts targeted events for people under 30 (e.g. dinner at the house of the French consul). It's a great group of people from all walks of life. Anyway, last week, I hosted an event for the Young Associates with my astronaut boss who spoke on the "Case for Space." The event, held in the Hollywood Hills, on a deck at sunset, was sweet. Carl showed images and spoke about his space flight experiences before closing with a discussion on the future of exploration. I'd always wanted to host an astronaut event when I was running the UM Club LA, so this was very cool.

oh oh... got called to a meeting. more later!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?