Wednesday, March 22, 2006

 

California Love



Hello Ann Arbor from Sunny Southern California. I'm Uma, a 2001 Michigan grad, and I'm here to tell you a little bit about life in Los Angeles, well, my life, anyway, which by all accounts bears little resemblance to the lives of more well know Los Angelenos, e.g. Snoop Dogg...

Anyway, digressing... I suppose I should start by telling you a bit about myself... I'm originally from Grand Blanc, MI, spent 4.5 fabulous years in Ann Arbor (majoring in Spanish and Aerospace engineering, while covering sports for The Daily and WCBN radio). Upon graduation I moved to Vail, Co (spending quality time as a ski bum), before finally ending up in Manhattan Beach, thanks to my great employer, Northrop Grumman. Today I work on the Crew Exploration Vehicle program, which is ... awesome. I will tell you more about the CEV in future posts, but for now, if you are curious, visit www.exploration.nasa.gov.

I also ran the Michigan Alumni Club here in Los Angeles (http://www.umclubla.com/) for a couple of years, which is why I know random fun facts like there are 8,492 Michigan alumni in LA County (last count). Trust me, it's crazy, if you end up here, you will see Michigan people everywhere! In fact, on football Saturday, hundreds of us get together at 9 a.m. in Santa Monica to watch the latest escapades of Lloyd Carr and co. It's a lot of fun (well, except for last season), and a great way to connect.

Anyway, over the next few months, I'll catch you up on the fun things to do here in Cali, tell you a little bit about my life, and maybe inspire you to want to trade in your snow boots for flip flops and some sun, sand, and surf!

Go Blue!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?